We are seeking a dermatologist/ cosmetologist to work in a private clinic in Muscat, Oman. The cosmetologist will be responsible for providing professional consultation and advice on effective aesthetic treatment solutions for patients and will perform wide range of injectable, non- invasive and non-surgical procedures in the clinic.
The cosmetologist will be responsible for providing general clinical direction and should have strong professional leadership skills to work with all nursing and clinical staff. The candidate will lead and drive the delivery of excellent clinical standards of care, developing a culture of safety, effectiveness, and continuous improvement in the clinic to ensure that patients have a wonderful cosmetic experience.
The candidate’s tasks will include:
– Providing setup, direction, and framework to the Clinic to achieve the highest professional standards for operational efficiency and service quality.
– Conducting patient consultations to discuss medical concerns and providing recommendations for services and /or products as appropriate for their needs, budget, and lifestyles.
– Development, implementation, and periodical reviews of the medical standards and guidelines that govern the practice of nurse and other clinical staff in compliance with local law and regulations.
– Ensuring optimal usage of clinic equipment and that clinical procedures are being performed only by health professionals who are properly trained and qualified.
– Assisting in the resolution of complaints, requests and enquiries from patients and providing the leadership required to achieve various medical care goals.
– Organising, attending, and participating in conferences, meetings and other activities in order to maintain and improve the quality of care provided in the clinic.
– Developing one’s own competence to deliver effective care and treatments through improving clinical/technical knowledge, skills, and expertise.
– Reviewing clinic performance records from time to time, checking for productivity and identifying any loopholes that may hinder high level of performance, and taking measures for improvement.
– Inspecting the clinic facilities, facilitating quality improvement procedures, and replacing worn out equipment with new for better service provision to patients.
– Implementing infection control procedures as part of organisational policies, and maintaining good hygiene in the clinic.
– Establishment of professional therapeutic relationships with patients
– Eliciting and synthesising accurate and relevant information, incorporating the perspectives of patients.
– Documenting and sharing written and electronic information about appointments to optimise clinical decision-making, patient safety, confidentiality, and privacy.
– Maintaining good relationships with other healthcare organisations and regulatory bodies.
– Ensuring that clinic staff adhere to local laws in administering treatments.
– Helping to create a positive environment and culture that enables the Clinic and staff to work harmoniously and in tandem with the Company’s mission and goals.
– Being a good leader, responsible for the direct supervision of all employees in the Beauty Clinic.
The perfect candidate will have superb qualifications and training and be genuinely passionate about the cosmetic field. Effective communication skills and high ethical standards are a must. The candidate should be a medical graduate from an accredited medical college or university with a MD. Degrees and certifications from US / UK / Australian institutions will be an advantage. A Diploma or Certification in Cosmetology would also be a plus.
The ideal candidate will have an interest in keeping tabs of all of the latest trends in beauty treatments, a professional approach, impeccable integrity, dependability and strong sense and desire to work in a trust-based and team driven environment. The candidate should have proven written and verbal communication skills along with ability to be a proactive and contributory member of a highly professional and motivated management team. Excellent references are a must.
Ideally, the candidate may even have an Instagram page and some followers, and some experience in promoting in social media.
Annual salary of 400,000 AED (around $109,000 at today’s exchange rate)
Housing may be negotiated for the right candidate